Friday, January 27, 2012

After a couple months from the inception of the idea to the completed product, the invites are finished.  There were a few false starts, but once I sketched the two birds standing under the branch of a 100 year old oak tree, I knew that this is what we had to base our design around.  The concept reflects the reality of where Bobby and I will stand as we exchange vows, draped with the boughs of a tree that has seen so much happiness and joy before it, raining down upon us with light and love. 
Deciding who to send the invites out to has been the most soul sapping part of this experience, and one that caused us both incredible amounts of anguish.  Deciding to keep the guest list to only 60 does not lessen than burden.
I wanted to give a huge shout out to my brother, Dominic, who helped me design the incredible inlay for this invite.  The letterpress effect blew Bobby and I away, and we are deeply grateful!
Here are some photos from the process of putting these invites together, with my sweet mother lending her assistance and expertise in sewing the leaves of paper together.

1 comment:

  1. This is one wonderful project, congratulations. I was intrigued by your Flickr stream and ended up here. So glad I did!

    ReplyDelete